Sunday, February 6, 2011

End of Week 4

At the end of week 4, I noted that I journaled Monday - Friday.

My accomplishment was that I practiced a couple times sitting with my hunger. Really letting myself feel what it felt like and how it wasn't so scary, after all. I know that for some people that can increase the urge to eat unhealthfully, but for me, I needed to remember that a little hunger was okay.

There were several years where I was either pregnant or breastfeeding (or both for a couple months) and getting too hungry could either cause me to get nauseous or could affect my milk supply. So, I definitely had started to eat when I wasn't hungry and it often wasn't the best of choices.

I also saw my weight go down a few pounds by this point. I don't necessarily track how much I lose every week, but I do weigh myself every day to make sure I don't get too far off track.

Probably the biggest accomplisment of this entire week was that I started a new form of exercise. My dear friend is a marathon runner and has a treadmill in her basement with a nice tv set-up to aid distraction. She agreed to sit in her basement with me while I tried to run on her treadmill.

I couldn't believe that I could do it. I ran a minute/walked a minute for 45 minutes and covered 2.5 miles in that time. I still can't believe I got through it. I was so, so proud of myself and those endorphins lasted all day.

It was a good thing that run kick-started my metabolism that day, because that evening was my monthly "Mom's Night Out" and I ate and drank a lot.

My commitments for the next week include:
  1. Journaling everything
  2. Having a vegetable at lunch every day
  3. Having fruit every afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment